[bookshare-discuss] Re: More books than I know what to do with!

  • From: "Brian Miller" <brian-r-miller@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 19 Nov 2006 20:50:33 -0800

The reason I said tapes are flawed is: 1.  They can easily break, and then
you either have to try and repair it or sit and wait for the tape to be
re-sent; 2. it takes a carton of them to make up one book; 3.  The quality
of the sound deteriorates over time; 4. The machinery to play them requires
much more maintenance (at least for me).

Also, although I do like a well read story, I actually prefer synthesized
speech as it allows me to better create my own voices for the characters I
read about.

Brian Miller