[bookshare-discuss] Re: Miranda Borka To Lead Christian Literature Discus...

  • From: Rogerbailey81@xxxxxxx
  • To: bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 24 Jan 2009 12:30:14 EST

Now that really is ridiculous. Religion relies on faith. Those who are
religious fully admit that. Faith is the act of believing a given proposition
or set
of propositions without any regard to evidence or reason. That is, if you
have faith that you can walk on air and you step off a cliff you will insist as
you are falling to your death that you are walking on air. Everything about
religion demands an acceptance of its precepts without question or
investigation.
On the other hand, I stand for a scientific view of the world, one in which
truth is determined by looking at the universe around us and experimenting,
that is, investigating. Now, somehow I am accused of being threatened by ideas
that I will never investigate? The absurdity of that position is incredible. It
is the unquestioning proud-to-be-ignorant attitude of religionists that I am
in opposition to. I am the one who calls for religionists to stop being
threatened by new ideas and start investigating.

table with 2 columns and 6 rows
Subj:
[bookshare-discuss] Re: Miranda Borka To Lead Christian Literature
Discussion...
Date:
1/24/2009 1:24:53 AM Eastern Standard Time
From:
garyp130@xxxxxxxxxxx
To:
bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent from the Internet
(Details)
table end

It's because he's threatened by ideas he probably will never investigate.

block quote