[bookshare-discuss] Re: Making your pointRE: Re: debbie McComber

  • From: "Kim Friedman" <kimfri11@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 06 Aug 2010 13:34:12 -0700

Hi, Ana, I'm sorry but I don't think I can help you here. I tried reading
something by Grace Livingston Hill and the book was okay, but not enough for
me to think I'd care for her. I can take her or leave her. That being said,
however, I tend to laugh off those books when the prose is purple
(especially in the sex scenes). I tend to like the type of romances when our
hero and heroine come to like and understand each other. I tend to run into
"he meets she, he and she are pretty sure they don't care for each other,
they learn a little more about each other, watching each other's action,
concluding that the other person isn't such an arrogant jerk/strident,
ditsy, (pick unattractive qualities to fill in), as was thought, etc.) I
often read stuff where the formula has our hero and heroine hurt by some
events in their pasts which make them wary, so the main thrust of the book
is how they learn how to trust each other, and finding out they do love each
other. I wouldn't call the romances I read Christian ones, but I think the
authors have a point to make about how we treat each other. I like to see
how the hero and heroine change. I hope someone else who knows about what
you like can give you better advice than I. I also want you to know I have
no intention of twisting your arm about romances. I figure you like what you
like and that's fine. Regards, Kim.

  _____