[bookshare-discuss] Re: Lovely response from an author of a graphic novel

  • From: "Larry Lumpkin" <llumpkin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 29 Mar 2008 11:29:51 -0500

my mom and dad took turns reading the Sunday comics from the paper when I was little. ----- Original Message ----- From: "Rick Roderick" <rickrod@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

To: <bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, March 28, 2008 11:10 PM
Subject: [bookshare-discuss] Re: Lovely response from an author of a graphic novel

Cindy,

Here is a related topic.

Those of us who are congenitally blind have never had access to comic books. My parents didn't encourage them, but I would sometimes hear them read to me at a camp I attended during childhood.

In the same way, political cartoons and newspaper comics can't be reproduced, though a few radio reading services read them.