[bookshare-discuss] Lovely response from an author of a graphic novel

  • From: Grandma Cindy <popularplace@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, Shelley Rhodes <juddysbuddy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, Lisa Friendly <lisaf@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 28 Mar 2008 21:05:52 -0700 (PDT)

I'm sending this to everyone because I think it was so
nice that the author/artist of Laika, the graphic
novel that Shelley wants to read, responded to my
letter. Unfortunately, as he explains, there is no
straight text that can be sent to bookshare. That's
not the way he works.

It seems to me that the only way a graphic novel can
get to those of you who are blind would be if NLS or
some organization could get actors to read it. To whom
would one make such a suggestion? More and more
graphic novels are being produced, and especially for
children and young adults, it would  be nice if they
were available.

G.Cindy