[bookshare-discuss] Launching Two New Blogs

  • From: Monica Willyard <rhyami@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Bookshare Volunteers <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Bookshare Discuss <bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2008 13:48:12 -0400

Hi, everyone. I'm writing to let you know that I've launched two new blogs to help spread the news about Bookshare. Why two blogs? Because one focuses on specific books I'm reading via Bookshare, while the other deals with how Bookshare works and how to make books accessible. Both blogs have an rss feed if you like keeping up to date with new posts.

The Book Babble Blog discusses good books, primarily focusing on content from Bookshare and our wish list. Its address is http://bookbabble.wordpress.com

The Scanners Guild is a blog about Bookshare, what it is, how it works, and how people make books accessible. I'll be adding sections about scanning, validating, and using Bookshare on various portable devices like the Book Port and Icon. Its address is http://www.scannersguild.com

Please feel free to comment on posts that interest you, and let me know if you have an idea for content on the blogs.

Finally, if you have an active blog about Bookshare or about books in general, please email me with the link. I'd like to build a blogroll linking to other Booksharians. If we work together, we can show people what this Bookshare thing is all about with creativity and style.

--
Monica Willyard
Follow me on Twitter at http://www.twitter.com/plumlipstick