[bookshare-discuss] Just submitted

  • From: "solsticesinger" <solsticesinger@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 17 Jan 2009 16:15:56 -0600

I have just submitted Bloodletting: A Memoir of Self-harm, Secrets, and
Survival. It was given a 99.98 rating after rank spelling. I did notice some
instances of die for the, but I think I managed to correct them all. I stripped
headers and protected page breaks. If you have questions, you can contact me at:
solsticesinger@xxxxxxxxx

Here is the synopsis:

On the Outside, Victoria Leatham appears to have it all. She's creative,
beautiful, confident. But inside she struggles with silent, secret, and
unbearable pain. In her late teens, Leatham is struck with an undeniable urge
to cut herself. Oddly, the wounds she inflicts on herself mute the pain she
feels inside.

This memoir, a darkly humorous and often chilling account, vividly details
Leatham's ordeal and reveals her most intimate thoughts as she struggles with
cutting and a range of other psychological problems including eating disorders,
sexual promiscuity, substance abuse, and bipolar disorder. And finally, it
describes her discovery of the psychological secret that helps her escape from
this spiral of self-destruction.

Shannon

Women will starve in silence until new stories are created which confer on them
the power of naming themselves.