[bookshare-discuss] Re: Html book?

  • From: "DIANNE B. PHELPS AND PRIMROSE" <d.bphelps@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2007 13:24:08 -0700

Natalie,

I just noticed your signature line which includes the prayer of serenity which has been important to me since I was a little girl.

I first heard it in an old old movie of my parents' day called THE DAYS OF WINE AND ROSES with Jack Lemmon. We were supposed to be asleep in the back of the car at the drive-in, but I recognized from the start that that one prayer said exactly what I needed to accept my blindness and life in general.

A few months later, my family and I went to the local Fair and there was a booth for AA, but my father read that prayer to me, and I committed it to memory because it has always been the prayer I would say when things became difficult. Before seeing your signature line, I had never known the author of the prayer. Thank you so much for showing me that because it is good to finally know who wrote it.

Dianne and Primrose
----- Original Message ----- From: "Natalie B." <lemina007@xxxxxxxxxxx>