[bookshare-discuss] Re: Hooked on Books meets tomorrow

  • From: "Estelnalissi" <airadil@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2008 20:20:11 -0500

Dear Jamie,

You have a long commute to work and enjoy audio books. Since you have a family
and are working more than full time, I know car time is some of your best time
to read. Maybe you or someone on list can comment on this suggestion.

Can you transfer the archived recordings to some portable audio player like an
MP3 player or something. Then you could gather Bonnie's readings and listen to
her entire performance of a book. Her choices of books to read have been great
ones.

For example, after hearing her reading of a mystery by Karen Slaughter, maybe
called, Faithless, I read another book in braille by Slaughter, Blind Sided
and plan to read more. Then, when I didn't have time to listen to her read The
Great Divide, I ordered it on Talking Book and really enjoyed it.

I'm in a knitting mode, so I plan to listen to the archive of today's reading
and then attend the next group meeting if I'm home, and as many in the future
as I can.

Anyway, it was just a thought. Friends of Bookshare recordings are clear and
uncluttered with before and after chat. Bonnie's reading is amazingly fast
though not rushed and her intuitive oral interpretation is heartfelt and
dramatic without being overblown or distracting. I know you'd enjoy listening
to her, so I hope you can arrange to hear Bonnie on the go!

Always with love,

Lissi