[bookshare-discuss] Re: Holiday books

  • From: "Shelley L. Rhodes" <juddysbuddy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 12 Dec 2004 10:46:09 -0500

Angels in the Snow has to do with Christmas too, and giving.

A Book I read this morning, actually from NLS has nothing to do with
Christmas but has a lot to do with the Values Mike Brought up.

It is called  The Challengers
By Grace Livingston Hill and was written in 1932.  It is about a family who
has to deal with loosing all their money in the Great Depression, and go
from almost starving to death.  There are a few angels along the way, but
worth the read.  Could be classified as a Christian Romance, but... there
isn't a lot of romance in it.  But still a good book.

juddysbuddy@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Guide Dogs For the Blind Inc.
Graduate Advisory Council
www.guidedogs.com