[bookshare-discuss] Re: HELP!!! I can't read books on my computer!!

  • From: "Darrell Shandrow" <darrell.shandrow@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 28 Mar 2008 20:40:04 -0700

Hi Cindy,

Yes.  There sure is.  We can read anywhere the cursor, fucos rectangle or
highlight can go.  We can read by character, line, paragraph, sentence and
word, as well as by some other rather obscure units of measure including
clips, objects and pixels.  When we need to read where the "focus" does go,
we have the ability to move the mouse pointer using the keyboard, and even
an "invisible" or "WE" cursor that lets us travel virtually anywhere on the
screen.  Thing is, unless we're using a Braille display, we have to be
actively watching for those sorts of issues, otherwise, yes, "Joe" and "Jo"
do definitely sound the same.  :-)