[bookshare-discuss] Re: Format editing during validation

  • From: "Shelley L. Rhodes" <juddysbuddy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2005 21:26:36 -0500

It is because they are separated.  Our synthesizers are taught to read
words, if there are spaces, then it becomes read one letter at a time, and
very very annoyuying.  In Braille, there is a "letter sign" because letters
can be used as contractions.

So if you kept the titled spaced, like in the word book you would have.

letter sign B letter sign O lettersing O lettersign K, not "book"

also the screen readers read

B   O   O   K.  not "book"

That is why we usually glue the tittles together.

juddysbuddy@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Guide Dogs For the Blind Inc.
Graduate Advisory Council
www.guidedogs.com