[bookshare-discuss] Florida hurricanes

  • From: Cindy <popularplace@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 28 Sep 2004 21:51:37 -0700 (PDT)

I'm glad your condo waasn't damaged in any way, DInky.

No, I live in L.A. -- only a few earthquakes now and
then to disturb us -- but fortunately the houses in
which I lived during the big ones of the past 30 years
weren't seriously damaged. The difference between
hurricanes and tornadoes and earthquakes is that to
date no one has been able to give adequate earthquake
warnings, but they're working on it. There are now
means of forecasting volcanic eruptions, which is
good.

I have lived, in the past, through a hurricane or two
but nothing as bad as in Forida because I wasn't close
to the coast. Also, a few tornado warnings but nothing
came close; I was in Minnesota and we did have one
warning serious enough to cause us to take our campers
(I was a counselor at camp) to lie in a depressed
meadow, but  the tornado ddn't come near us.

Good luck with the rest of the hurricane season to all
of you who live in hurrican alley -- or on the East or
Southern coasts.

CIndy

http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail