[bookshare-discuss] Re: Fave Books

  • From: "Allison Hilliker" <amhillik@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 16 Apr 2004 05:24:01 -0400

Hi all,

Wow!  I'm really loving hearing everyone's thoughts on good books.  I've
already been downloading a few from these suggestions, <smile>.  Keep 'em
coming.

Now that I've finally gotten my paper done, I have time to write down a few
of my faves for anyone who's interested.  Ok, so this list turns out to be
more
than just a few, but you know how it is.  And this isn't even all-inclusive,
it's more of stuff I've read recently and can remember at this time of
night.  A lot of these can be found on Bookshare, but not all of them.  Some
are only on NLS.  I'll put the letter, n, at the ends of the ones I know
Bookshare does not have.  Also, the author's names are all spelled
correctly, I double checked, so you can just copy 'em that way if you like.

Ok, here goes.  I tried to divide by category, but it's not quite perfectly
done that way .

All-round favorites:
One Child, by Torey L. Hayden.
The Poisonwood Bible, by Barbara Kingsolver.
The Beacon Book of Essays by Contemporary American Women, edited by Wendy
Martin.
Holding out, by Anne O. Faulk, N.
Speak, by Laurie Halse Anderson, N.
Nora, Nora, by Anne Rivers Siddons, N.
To Kill A Mockingbird, by Harper Lee.
Savage inequalities, by   Jonathan Kozol, N.
The First Woman Doctor, by Rachel Baker.
Children's books:
Out Of The Dust, by Karen Hesse.
Bud Not Buddy, by Christopher Curtis.
Roll of Thunder, Hear My Cry, by Mildred D. Taylor.
The Great Gilly Hopkins, by Katherine Paterson.
Bridge to Terabithia, by Katherine Paterson.
Coraline, by Neil Gaiman,
Number The Stars, Lowis Lowlry

Humorous:
Bridget Jones: The Edge Of Reason, by Helen Fielding.
Boogers Are My Beat : More Lies, but Some Actual Journalism, by Dave Barry.
Napalm & silly putty, by George Carlin, N.

What I call, Pop Books:
The Devil Wears Prada, by Lauren Weisberger.
Rage of Angels, by Sidney Sheldon.
Practical Magic, by Alice Hoffman, N. The movie of this one was pretty bad,
the book is so much different.
Turtle Moon, by Alice Hofman, N.
On mystic lake, by Kristin Hannah, N.

Mysteries:
A Cry In The Night, by Mary Higgins Clark.
And Then You Die, by Iris Johansen, N.
Long after midnight, by Iris Johansen, N.
Underdog, by Laurien Berenson, N.

Christian books:
Redeeming love, by  Francine Rivers, N.
The Hiding Place, by Elizabeth Sherrill, John Sherrill,Corrie ten Boom.
Starry, starry night: three holiday stories, by  Lurlene McDaniel, N.

Ok, that's all I'm coming up with at the moment.  I'm too tired to remember
any others!  Happy Reading, and I have loved hearing from everyone.

Best,
Allison