[bookshare-discuss] Re: Fave Books?

  • From: "CJ Vining" <GrayRainbows@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 14 Apr 2004 15:58:33 -0400

Hi, Allison, and everyone else,

For what it's worth, here's my suggestion. It was tough to choose one, but
this is on my list of all-time favorite books, plus it *is* on Bookshare,
too.
This author has other decent books, but this is the best of them, in my
opinion. I dislike
fluff romances also, and the others tend to lean more toward that, but it
isn't the focus of this particular book. It's a long one--about five or six
hundred pages. Though there is a main character, the others are
just as important, and as well-defined in their own right, so there are a
number of subplots also.

Inheritance
by Judith Michael
Synopsis:
Laura is already an accomplished thief by
the time she goes to work as a domestic in the household of the Salingers, a
wealthy Boston family. Laura's life and fortunes change dramatically when
she is accepted into the family and inherits a large part of their hotel
empire. When her secret past is exposed, Laura is rejected, but she
struggles to redeem herself and reclaim her inheritance.

Joanie
P.S. If you do get around to reading this one, I'd love to discuss it! And
if you have recommendations too, I'd like to hear them.