[bookshare-discuss] FYI: bookshare staff and duties

  • From: Cindy Rosenthal <popularplace@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 7 Nov 2008 00:40:49 -0800 (PST)

Here is info I've accumulated from various posts including, as I recall, the
last newletter--actually the first of regular ones.

Bookshare Staff: Lisa Friendly, bookshare manager: lisaf@xxxxxxxxxxxx;

John Glass, customer support, john.g@xxxxxxxxxxxx; (Is he still working at
bookshare?)

pavi.m@xxxxxxxxxxxx volunteer-related suggestions, thoughts, or questions that
you feel would benefit from a response from Bookshare; Reporting Errors in the
Collection: When you run across a title, author name or other book information
that needs to be corrected; Quality issues: When a particular submission does
not in your view meet BSO standards or you are having trouble validating a
certain file and/or you have some tips you would like to pass on to the
submitter of that file.; General Volunteering Difficulties/Questions: For
anything you are having trouble with or have a question about that you would
prefer to direct to someone at Bookshare rather than others on the list.; What
Would Bookshare Do? When you want to know what the standardized way of dealing
with something is (for instance photo captions etc). Or when you would like us
to develop a standard approach for something.; Suggestions/Requests for the
Staff: When you run across something in
 the site, current systems or policies that you would like to see
changed/modified in some way.

If you’re a student or teacher requesting a book specifically needed for
school, go to the front of the line with mail to:
schoolbookrequest@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

If you become aware of a book in the Bookshare.org collection that contains
inaccurate text, please let us know and we will make the corrections needed. To
report an error, send a message to bookqualityreport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx  with the
following information: book title, author, ISBN number and the nature of the
error.

Rob Turner <rob.t@xxxxxxxxxxxx>--customer support

Viji.d@xxxxxxxxxxxx;
Robin Seamon--publisher liaiason--robins@xxxxxxxxxxxx

Lindsie--lindsiev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx: she makes up special collections, validates
special request books, handles books donated by authors, etc

That's all I have at the moment. There's Allison and the engineering staff,
which includes Jake. BTW, Elizabeth, on Jake's site is a list of categories for
which there are books in the collection. I don't know if it's been kept up,
though. People were making up the lists and posting them on his  different
animals. Here's the URL for anyone interested.

Cindy
HTH