[bookshare-discuss] Re: Downloading books

  • From: Chela Robles <cdrobles693@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2012 19:37:20 -0700

Yes it is in the main f which is the drive and in the audio+podcasts folder the only one in there extracted everything, what files do I need to delete then I don't hear mp3 extensions in Windows 7 I should be clear first hand on that one but I do hear several numbers there are I think 28 files. I thought I was to keep the ncx, the opf, and the smil files. Then I guess I should delete those?

--
"Passion is a great motivator. Music is a life-long learning experience."
--

On 4/23/2012 7:00 PM, Roger Loran Bailey wrote:
Did you place the audio+podcasts folder on the route directory? It will not work if it is in another folder. Did you delete all files that are not MP3 files? I have a Bookshare book in the audio+podcasts folder with all the files in it and it is working well enough, but others are reporting that it works better if you remove the ones that are not MP3.

On 4/23/2012 9:52 PM, Chela Robles wrote:
Can someone like possibly Ann Parsons help me out before I blow a double g on trumpet, and you really don't want to hear the note I assure you! I downloaded Kind Of Blue: The Making Of The Miles Davis Masterpiece from bookshare in mp3 format and copied all the contents in a folder I created on the thumb drive called audio+podcasts. After inserting and waiting for load time, I get "Please Respect" repeatedly! I'm doing what was recommended on the FAQ on the bardtalk.com page. Something is missing then.
--
Facebook/Linked-In/E-mail:cdrobles693@xxxxxxxxx  <mailto:cdrobles693@xxxxxxxxx>
Windows Live Messenger:cdrobles693@xxxxxxxxxxx  <mailto:cdrobles693@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Skype: jazzytrumpet
Learning Ally Blog A Lady And Her Trumpet feel free to post comments by filling
out the form on the page at:http://tinyurl.com/84tucwv
I volunteer for Bookshare, to find out more and to volunteer with
us,visit:http://www.bookshare.org/
http://tinyurl.com/752cyrs
Need more space, come join dropbox and start with two gigs of free space as is
this is my referral link to you:http://db.tt/XpUTe0E
--

On 4/23/2012 5:57 PM, Alan Lemly wrote:

Barb, someone on the Stream list indicated that her latest Bookshare mp3 download played successfully in the $VRDTB folder. That would seem to indicate that they've corrected the problems with the DAISY markup with the new service. is the DAISY working with your latest downloads?

Not requiring a password to unzip seems like an oversight to me.

Alan Lemly