[bookshare-discuss] Digest as an option

  • From: Cindy <popularplace@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 15 Sep 2004 21:47:03 -0700 (PDT)

Both subscriptions come in a Digest form. I've never
been able to change to it byh myself, but if you ask
Jesse (jesse.f@xxxxxxxxxxxx) he'll take care of it for
you.

What the digest form is: when there are around 25
posts they are put together and come to you in one
piece of mail. There issometing  like a table of
contents at the beginning, i.e., a list of the posts,
who they're from (at least that was when it was with
topica -- I'm not sure if freelist gives that info)
and what the subject is. You can choose to read the
ones that interest you and scroll through (or use
"find" to get to one you want) the others until you
get to the one that interests you. Making the subject
line pertinent is really important here, because
otherwise people might think the post pertains to a
subject they're not interested in and scroll right
past one they would like to read --but I suppose the
same thing is true in non-digest form: people might
delete something without reading it because the
subject appears to be an old one.

 The only problem I found with the digest was in
answering a posting. If I answered before reading the
rest of the posts someone might aleady have said what
I was going to say.  Aso, if I answered one post I
couldn't delete but had to go back to the digest. I
solved that problem by writing my reples and posts in
a separate document and then copying them into
postings after I'd completed the digest.

One only gets one or two digests a day, usually.

Cindy

http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail