[bookshare-discuss] Re: Covers

  • From: Tony Baechler <bookshare@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 16 Sep 2006 01:18:31 -0700

Hi, note that I said "possibly" illegal. From a validator's standpoint, I don't like trying to find the jacket. Put it at the beginning or the end but not randomly somewhere. To me, it makes sense to put it at the beginning since that's the first thing people read but I've seen it at the very end. It probably doesn't matter legally except the content of the book is misrepresented because the jacket is a few pages into the frontmatter.

At 08:09 AM 9/13/06 -0500, you wrote:

I often scan the title page first, so the title and author are the first =
things to show up when the file is opened.  The book jacket info comes =
immediately after that, then the pages in their exact order.  Sometimes =
I end up scanning the title page a second time, once at the beginning of =
the file, and a second time when it appears just after the copyright =
info.  It did not occur to me that this would be illegal, and it =
prevents a lot of confusion when starting to read a new book.