[bookshare-discuss] Re: Comparison Shopping

  • From: Pat Ferguson <patferguson@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 24 Jul 2008 11:36:11 -0500

That is because you need to unpack it with the BookShare unpack utility. <smile> Then, it becomes a brf file. <smile>

Once you do that, it should play just fine, unless your Braille Lite doesn't accept long file names.

hth.

Pat Ferguson

At 04:50 AM 7/24/2008, you wrote:

Speaking of Braille files, I tried downloading Anna Karenina by Tolstoy, which is a public domain book. Well, I clicked on the BRF digital file, as I do for other books, and there was something different about it. I downloaded it, but when I opened it on my Braille-Lite, I got garbage, and the extension said .bks instead of .brf. Anyone clue me in on this?

Thanks,

Sue S.