[bookshare-discuss] Re: CSUN

  • From: Grandma Cindy <popularplace@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2007 16:19:19 -0700 (PDT)

Yes, indeed it is. There was a lot of damage at the
CSUN site, too, but it has been repaired.

That quake also caused a lot of damage in nearby
places like Santa Monica and parts of L.A., but ithas
resulted in buildings and freeways being reinforced or
in some cases being rebuils to new earthquake-safety
standards.  Fortunately, we had no structural damage,
though some of my colleagues at the time who lived in
Santa Monica weren't so lucky, and some who lived a
little further south had their toilets dislodged, with
resultant flooding. Damage, other than at the center
in Northridge, seemed to depend on the direction the
waves went and the type of soil buildings were built
on. Apparently Santa Monica was somewhat sand or
loose-soiled.

More than you wanted to know, probably. I do tend to
run on. smile

Cindy

--- Amy Goldring Tajalli