[bookshare-discuss] Braille book question

  • From: "Shelley L. Rhodes" <juddysbuddy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 14 Apr 2005 22:46:59 -0400

perhaps someone on here will know this answer.  I know Bookshare doesn't,
but, want to know about other publishers.

For those companies, who aren't non for profits, but are for profit, do they
pay royalties to an author or publisher when producing their books in
Braille?

The main places I am thinking of are Seedlings Braille Books for Children,
the Braille institute, and The Braille Book Store.

Or because the material is in a specialized format, the royalties don't
apply?

juddysbuddy@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Guide Dogs For the Blind Inc.
Graduate Advisory Council