[bookshare-discuss] Re: Bookshare demographics

  • From: "Shelley L. Rhodes" <juddysbuddy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 15 Jan 2005 16:02:17 -0500

It is my impression from being involved with Bookshare that it stays pretty
balanced.  I have been here three over three years, back when we weren't
even live, smile, and back then it was dominated by romance and science
fiction and public domain materials.  The nonfiction was very limited and
the kids books were really limited.  I have seen it grow, and fill out.  It
is like most children in how they grow up and then out, or vice versa,
smile.

So I don't think it will become vulcanized, we have enough volunteers to
keep a nice healthy balance.

And being once a member of that "educational system" I am glad Bookshare
doesn't follow the "guidelines" that NLS and RFB and D followed in picking
selections.

I think things will stay balanced, and they really are.

juddysbuddy@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Guide Dogs For the Blind Inc.
Graduate Advisory Council
www.guidedogs.com