[bookshare-discuss] Re: Bookshare and Publisher Partners List July 1, 2010

  • From: "Kim Friedman" <kimfri11@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 01 Jul 2010 19:20:00 -0700

Hi, Scott, I hope those presses who are reluctant will understand about
accessibility. After all, they'd benefit somewhat from partnering with
Bookshare. I guess they don't know blind people will buy books in order to
scan them or give them to friends and relations. I wish accessibility had no
borders and other countries could get the benefits of having Bookshare
members. I've heard folks I meet from Canada, South Africa, Australia, New
Zealand, and the United Kingdom wishing that they could reap the benefits of
Bookshare. I'd love to be able to read works by authors from other countries
I don't know about and folks I talk to feel the same way. End of screed. I'm
wondering whose ears in the publishing field are filled with cotton so they
don't hear or want to get this idea in their brains? Regards, Kim Friedman.