[bookshare-discuss] Re: Am I the inferior validator?

  • From: Brenda Mueller <brendin@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 14 Sep 2004 19:46:46 -0400

I have a couple of books that I scanned for myself, but bookshare probably
wouldn't want them, because I only scanned the text, not all the copyright
stuff.  Oh, yes, the books are complete.  For my personal scans, since I'm a
blind reader reading with voice, I took the liberty of elimminating hypens at
the end of lines and deciding where the word should go, on that line or the
next one.  .  I read the book page by page and corrected scanning errors I
caught.  That process took hours. With my scanner, reading edge purchased in
1993, one scans one page at a time and physically switches the pages, etc.  My
hat's off to you scanners.  Oh, sure, there are errors to be sure, but for once
I can read a book without scanning it and be excited about what will happen
next.

Brenda Mueller