[bookshare-discuss] Re: Am I the inferior validator?

  • From: Cindy <popularplace@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 12 Sep 2004 19:55:00 -0700 (PDT)

No, Allison, have no fear. What you're doing is fine.
Completeness, i.e., no missing pages, is the most
important, as well as the copyright info. ewven the
ISBN number isn't all that important,apparently -- and
most  older books don't have one. But some of us have
more time to give than others, and some of us are more
persnickety than others, and so we do more. There are
a number of books in the collection that are only
Fair, and people have had trouble reading them, and
there have been complaints that some books rated Good
aren't really very good and are difficult to read, and
even have been missing pages.

But not to worry. Do the best you can and have time
for. You say you check to make sure all the pages are
there and correct some errors -- presumably do a quick
spell-check, and that's all that's required -- even,
if you do the spell-check,more than is required. If
someone downloads a book you've validated and they
find it difficult to read they can always fix it more
to their liking and submit it as a replacement.

Cindy

http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail