[bookshare-discuss] Re: A Separate Peace & newspapers

  • From: Brenda Mueller <brendin@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 27 Sep 2004 12:27:39 -0400

Hi Cindy,

Thanks so much for your advice on Newspapers and such.  As for that book I
wanted to read again after so many years, to be sure the text that was there
was well scanned.
Still, when I got to a certain point, the text went back and try as I might, I
couldn't find the whole bunch of missing pages.  That's sad.  Such a good book.
Oh, well, some day I'll get the whole thing in order and everything. Oh, I like
to click on a particular author, just to see what else he has done.  I did that
for this author, too, but the book with the missing pages is the only one
there.  Probably the person who scanned it scanned all the pages, but something
happened along the way.  Hope this comment helps without hurting any feelings.
I always log on, so Bookshare doesn't think I'm cheating.  Adult books? That
has been used to cover a lot of ground.  I still like a good story with a lot
to ponder.  Sometimes something happens in the story, but it should be an
addition to the plot and thinking.  If the book is just playboy stuff and they
call it adult, I'd say those adults need to grow up.  Still everyone to his
own, I guess.
Oh, by the way, it was the BRF file I downloaded.  Does that help?

Brenda Mueller