[bookshare-discuss] Re: A CHristmas Guest and A Christmas Journey

  • From: "Gregory A. Daniel" <gdaniel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 31 Dec 2006 21:50:39 -0500

Hi Cindy and Nancy,

Although I am new to the bookshare list, I am a veteran reader both of the William Monk and the Thomas and Charlotte Pitt series by Anne Perry. Having said all of that, I don't claim to be any kind of expert, but I really have enjoyed the series, but I am worried that Anne Perry might run out of London slums to write about!! Were you thinking of Henry Rathbone, the father of Sir Oliver Rathbone--the barrister in many of the Monk books--who was featured in A CHRISTMAS VISITOR?

By way of an introduction, I live in Columbus, Ohio and have been an avid Braille and Talking Book reader since being introduced to the NLS program as a first-grader in 1959only the blink of an eye ago!! I am new to Bookshare, so is this the forum for asking beginner-type questions?

happy reading,
Greg from Columbus, Ohio
At 06:31 PM 12/31/06 -0800, you wrote:
Hi, Nancy,

And Happy New Year to you and your family. smile

I haven't read the Monk series because someone said it
was darker, so to speak, and involved more of the
lower class--but when I finish the Pitt series Imight
try one. On the other hand, I came across a series
involving an Israeli detective written by an Israeli
woman that looked good, and I want to read at least
one of those.

Yes, it is Harcourt. I'm not sure what part he plays
in the Monk series, but that's what the cover flap
said. smile

Cindy