[bookshare-discuss] A CHristmas Guest and A Christmas Journey

  • From: Grandma Cindy <popularplace@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 30 Dec 2006 20:45:13 -0800 (PST)

This being the place to chat about books...

I decided to read Anne Perry's Christmas-theme books
during the holidays. I'm now reading A Christmas
Journey,  which is engrossing. For those of you
familiar with the Charlotte and Thomas Pitt series,
the main character is Emily's great-aunt-by-marriage
Aunt Vespasia, when she was a young lady in her
thirties. I recently finished A Crhristmas Guest,
which I didn't think was very good. The main character
was from the Monk series, but that wasn't why I didn't
like it so muc; I just didn't find it holding my
attention that well--and it was easy to guess who the
culprit was and why.