[bookport_users] BP 2

  • From: John Milton <jon_mi1ton@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bookport_users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 29 Apr 2008 11:32:39 -0700 (PDT)

Hi All,

Based on Larry's podcast, BP 2 would be nice upgrade
to an already excellent device.
So why can't APH give a more definite date for BP 2
even though the Bookcourier 2 will be released this
year?
So here's my guess:
Lack of parts problem aside, APH has adopted a wait
and see approach.  Springer design did the original BP
and Levelstar did the braille plus.  Both companies
probably made design proposals for BP 2 and APH wasn't
sure who to go with.  So I'm guessing that APH will
wait till Bookcourier 2 is released and gauge user
response.  After that, they will probably decide who
to partner with to develop BP 2.

Anyway, this list gets a free web page.  I noticed
that new users tend to ask the same sort of questions
such as how to rip, rechargeable batteries and compact
flash cards.  I'd be willing to gather everyone's tips
and tricks and organize it in the free web page for
this list.

Any thoughts?

-jon

Be a better friend, newshound, and