[bookport] Re: transfering files from flash cards

  • From: "Bronwyn Tindall" <btindall@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 13 Apr 2007 16:14:04 +1200

sharon
thank you/
i do not have a catrd reader.
bronwyn

-----Original Message-----
From: bookport-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:bookport-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of Sharon
Sent: Wednesday, 11 April 2007 9:33 a.m.
To: bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [bookport] Re: transfering files from flash cards

Hello Bronwyn,
You didn't say if you were trying to transfer the files with the card in a
card reader or your BookPort. Either way:
1 connect the cardreader or the BookPort to your computer
2 Go into My Computer and select the drive that is removable
3 Open that drive
4 select all or some of the files and copy them to the clip board
5 Now create a new folder, either in My Documents or on the desk top.
6 Open that new folder and paste your files into it.

Now for a couple of things that you may need to know. If you sent the file
through Book Port Transfer, you will now have multiple files for each file
you sent originally. However, if these are MP3 files that you simply pasted
in the beginning, you will be fine. But, if they went through Book Port
transfer, you will need to sort out the original file types. Of course, if
you  are simply moving them to another card for playing on the B P ,you will
only need to select all of them from your new folder, copy them  and move
them to the new location.
Good luck

Make it a great one

Sharon