[bookport] Re: thinking of buying

  • From: "David Allen" <wd8ldy@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 29 Nov 2004 15:39:11 +1300

Hi Danny and list:

I made similar considerations before buying mine almost a year ago. I have
no regrets. But I think the things you can easily find out for yourself will
speak far louder than the best response on this list.

Concerned about the documentation? Go to www.aph/org/tech and read as little
or as much as you like, either in text or MP3.  Not sure if you can
understand the bookport's voice for reading? Go to the web site and listen
to it for yourself.

Having the bookport has caused me to subscribe to Audible on a monthly plan,
which is something I wouldn't have considered before I enjoyed the
portability and convenience of the bookport.

A number of APH personnel monitor this list. But more importantly, they
contribute to it whenever they can lend a helping hand. Other organisations
simply do not support their product as well, whether they are commercial or
non-profits such as APH.

In the several months that I have been a member of this list, I've only seen
one instance of someone selling a bookport, and they were quick to emphasise
that they were not selling it due to any difficulty with the unit nor
software.

You are wise to consider your investment carefully. I think the biggest
problem you will have is space for all the things that you'll want to keep
on hand. But prices on memory continually improve.

Good luck and if you have specific concerns, don't hesitate to mention them
here. Someone has been there and done that, or at least tried it with a
bookport. *lol*

Cheers,
Dave