[bookport] suggestion.

  • From: "Curtis Delzer" <curtis@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 11 Sep 2004 09:53:33 -0700

Hi! Larry, I know you from the ASAP/ASAW days. We bought ASAP from you in 1997
I believe, maybe earlier forgotten. Anyway, my suggestion is a way to find out
the available space on the memory card from within
BookPort. Suppose you had to record a significant memo and wanted to make sure
there was enough space available, and the BookPort, being as portable as it is
has a very decent built in microphone, is quite
attractive to do it on. A facility for giving us an "available space" command
in minutes would be quite attractive, and since the bookPort records at 11025Hz
would that be feasible? Of course, with different cards,
different available minutes and with huge 1Gig cards the number of recordable
minutes would be probably in the thousands, however with a lot of books and
other material, I believe such a facility from within BookPort
could prove extremely valuable, either described in megabytes of available
memory or in minutes for the memo facility. How about that?

Curtis Delzer