[bookport] strange bookport error

  • From: "Carin Headrick" <headrick2001@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 27 Apr 2008 08:25:50 -0400

Hi there. First, I hope I'm even subscribed. I think I am, but the list has
been stone dead quiet, so it's hard to know. So...is this thing on?

Now, here's my weird question. I tried to copy a daisy book to my bookport. I
get the happy dialog that says how much of the book would you like to copy?
I've tried copying the whole thing, I've only tried copying three very small
parts. The result is the same. I get the following less than informative error:
ffmp3 dialog. Unable to open c:\docume~1\user\locals~1\temp\BPDTB    Conv.mp3.
ok button. Well thanks for comin' out.

I've gone to that temp folder, that file does not exist. I've reinstalled the
software. It doesn't help. What can I do? What got pooched and how do I fix it?

Thanks for any help. I do love this machine, when it works. It's sad there will
be no further development on it.

Carin