[bookport] Re: posting suggestions

  • From: Angie Matney <matneyar@xxxxxxx>
  • To: bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 07 Apr 2004 10:58:09 -0400

Larry said:

Please do post the suggestions right here.  There are at least 5
APHer's =
on this list, and we all pay attention.

OK! IN that case, I'd like to offer a few minor suggestions that would
(in my opinion) improve this already outstanding product.

Folder reset: I'd like to see a command whereby you could reset all

files in a particular folder to the beginning of the file. This would

be especially helpful for folders that contain music. I love the fact

that mp3's don't automatically reset, since this makes listening to

books possible. But having to "rewind" every song is a bit
inconvenient

where music files are concerned. Being able to do this for all of the

files in a folder would be a nice little time-saving feature.

Recording safeguard: I think it might be helpful to set the record

button so that it has to be held down until a beep is heard before

recording starts. I find that I'm always accidentally starting to

record just by bumping the BookPort. I think that having a safeguard

against accidental recordings would be very helpful.

Volume: I think it would be good to be able to decrease the volume
past

the 25 setting. I say this because audio files seem to be awfully
loud.

I can only listen to them comfortably with headphones that have a

built-in volume control.

Punctuation: I think a level between the current "some" and "most"

levels would be good. As an example, I think a level that announced

quotes and parentheses but not commas or periods would be especially

helpful.

Well, that's about it for now. I don't want these suggestions to be

taken as heavy criticism. I love my BookPort. It's great to have books

and music together on one wonderfully accessible machine. These are

just a few things that might be relatively easy to implement which

would make the operation smoother, in my opinion.

Thanks for listening,

Angie