[bookport] Re: playing music on bookport

  • From: Sandy Licht <slicht@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 02 Apr 2007 12:06:24 -0500

I'm thinking being able to play music randomly would need a firmware update, and according to APH, there is no internal memory on the Bookport for any more updates. But... who knows what the new Bookport will eventually be able to do? Remember this. The BP was designed to read books, and it does that extremely well. Anything else it can do is a caveat for us.

At 10:00 AM 4/2/2007, Michael Feir wrote:
Hello, everyone. I'm a mainly happy new Bookport user. I can't believe how
much you can pack onto a two-gig flash card. A small complaint I have deals
with listening to music. I put a couple of hundred songs onto my Bookport
and the sound quality is quite good. However, I'd like the ability to play
songs in a random order. Also, there should be a method for exclusing music
tracks from being bookmarked. I can't flip through songs without advancing
the poing where they begin the next time they're played. These changes ought
to be pretty simple ones to implement. You could make a special folder
specifically for music files and have a key combination to tell Bookport to
randomly select songs within a folder and/or subfolders.

Michael Feir
Creator and former editor of Audyssey Magazine: 1996-2004
E-mail: michael.feir@xxxxxxxxx

Jeremiah 29:11 - 14 A   .
11 For I know the plans I have for you," says the Lord. "They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope. 12 In those days when you pray, I will listen. 13 If you look for me in earnest, you will find me when you seek me. 14 I will be found by you," says the Lord.