[bookport] Re: [other] Re: problem connecting Bookport

  • From: Robert Carter <r-carter@xxxxxxx>
  • To: bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 17 Aug 2005 10:33:55 -0500

Hi,

The most common reason in my experience for the transfer software not to be showing the Book Port is because there is a drive letter conflict. Are you using a system that is either on a network or that has other usb devices connected to it. If so, follow the instructions in the Book Port manual for resolving drive letter conflicts.

Robert Carter

At 10:09 AM 8/17/2005, you wrote:
Hmm. I'll try it again and do that. Before, when it came up, that was the only evidence of anything different happening. Eventually that box just disappeared and my computer went along as if I hadn't connected anything to the PC at all.

As for the batteries, I'll try replacing them. I'm using the ones which came with the Bookport. It seems to work fine, but you never know. Thanks.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Sarah Cranston" <cranston.sarah@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>