[bookport] Re: [other] Re: problem connecting Bookport

  • From: "Kitty Litter" <n8kl@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 17 Aug 2005 04:39:18 -0400

First, make sure your firewall is set to allow the transfer program to access the net. If not it will not work properly because I think it goes to the net by default to check for updates. When this happened to me I lost speech for a minute and forgot if the transfer program started or not. Second make sure bookport launcher is in your startup menu, seems like it would have to be if you did an install but who knows.
Yesterday I connected the unit and the transfer program didn't start automatically but when I started it manually things worked fine. Today it started like it should.