[bookport] Re: oddity inside a folder

  • From: "LARRY SKUTCHAN" <lskutchan@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 27 Sep 2004 07:32:43 -0400

Hi Paul.

I have not seen that behavior before and wonder if there were some =
problems with the card itself.  Are you able to deplicate this behavior =
with a freshly formatted card?

>>> paul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx Monday, September 27, 2004 1:53:09 AM >>>
Hi, Larry and Rob.
Here is what I did. to get these two problems.
I went into a folder in which I had four mp3 audio files, not music.
I listened to the first and erased it. Listened to the second and erased =
it=20
as well. I then skipped the third and went to the fourth. The fourth =
one=20
interested me more than the third one. I listened to the fourth file =
and=20
then erased it.
I could no longer find the third or now only mp3 file. I was told that=20
there were no more files to read. I tried a reset. Now, I was told that =
the=20
file was not properly indexed and could not be read.
No loss as I can download the other file again if I want to listen to =
it.=20
However, now, I could not get out of the folder no matter what.
Star zero did nothing. The only way I could get out of the particular=20
folder and back up to the top level was to press the help key and bring =
up=20
the manual then press it again and exit the manual.
Now, I was at the top level with all of the other folders, about four =
or=20
five. I tried going back into the particular folder again knowing that =
it=20
was probably empty.
I was told that it was, and again, I was unable to use star zero to get =
out.
Only by bringing up help and exiting it could I get out.
And why did the third file vanish when I skipped it?
Thanks.