[bookport] Re: notetaker

  • From: "Chase Crispin" <chase.crispin@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 23 May 2008 20:39:01 -0500

Richard:
Two things:
1. The Book Port 2 will be coming. In a sense, it is still on track, just delayed in marketing. It is still being developed. 2. This would require some extra drivers. Not a Book Port programmer, I'm not sure how much room there is for new features. A keyboard driver would take some space. It would also have to include an USB port. Now it has a sub B mini USB port. Of course, we have been told that we will have a standard USB 2.0 port in BP2, but if for some reason in the future, APH decided that they would start updating the current Book Port, this would not, and can not happen.
I hope this makes some since, and is not just rambling.
Thanks,

Chase
Visit my Blog, called Blind Mobile tech at:
http://blindmobiletech.blogspot.com
This is a blog that I will only cover tech things in for the blind, and Icon and Braille+ will be discussed a lot.
Chase Crispin

----- Original Message ----- From: "Richard Fiorello" <richkar1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>