[bookport] Re: multiple book port problems/questions

  • From: "Tiffany H. Jessen" <tjessen@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 14 Sep 2004 11:31:58 -0400

Yes, exactly. It works fine on the laptop, and not the desktop. And yes, the
desktop is on a network, but, the laptop is as well. As a matter of fact,
they're on the same one. As for being an administrator, my usernames are the
only names and administrators of each computer, but is the administrator of
the computer different from an administrator of the network? I just wanted
to make sure I'm following you because you said of the network, not
computer. If in fact the administrator of the network is different from
administrative user account on the individual computer, then no, I am not
the administrator. One of my step-father's computers is the server computer,
so is that the one I'd have to configure differently? And what would I have
to do?
If filtering converts the brf and other formats into txt, would files I put
directly on the card via the flash drive be readable if I manually converted
the files to txt first before putting them to disk? And, what about audio
formats? do they have to be "filtered" as well?
Thank you.
Tiffany