[bookport] Re: low battery quirks

  • From: Sandy Licht <slicht@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 30 Jul 2005 20:43:33 -0500

Low battery power will cause the BP to act strangely. If your battery levels are low when trying to update firmware, you might even damage your card or the Bookport.At 05:20 PM 7/30/2005, you wrote:

While working in a text file with bookmarks, my BP stopped responding. When I used reset, the bookmarks were lost. This perhaps happened because the auxiliary file that holds bookmarks was open while I was working in the main file that I was reading. I checked another file where I had set bookmarks earlier, and they were still present. I put fresh batteries in and then set new bookmarks where they had been lost. The NiMH batteries begin to be unstable, and require higher volume settings for the same output levels, around 40% or lower. Perhaps some of the sporadic characteristics other BP users have observed are due to borderline battery power with various types of batteries.

Mike Justice,
www.MPNHome.net

Sandy Licht
Phone: 409-898-8218