[bookport] Re: iPod Shuffle

  • From: Sandy Licht <slicht@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 11 Jul 2005 23:29:52 -0500

You can turn off the Shuffle feature.

At 06:27 PM 7/11/2005, you wrote:
hi,

I went to best buy where I saw the shuffle as a possible buy for my niece.
It does seem interesting, accept that according to a sales person, it does not have a screen, which kind of leaves the blind and sighted on equal footing, but I would still have a problem with just how you find the songs you want to hear.
According to the sales girl, shuffle is always on and cannot be turned off.
If you want to listen to what you have on the machine, the only way to do that is to listen to each start of each file.
Seems impractical at best, and I for one, have gotten very used to putting a card in the book port, and having it tell me not just the names of the files, but also the folder names.
Right now, we use the machine for listening to both music and old radio shows, but at some point when time is available, we will join book share and audible.
One of the many reasons we bought this unit is the amount and types of files it can handle.
I still wish that when listening to MP3 files, that the feature which keeps track of where you are in a file could be turned off, but never the less, it is still the most truly accessible unit out there for the blind.
I am told that the book currier will do the same thing, but not having one, I cannot speak to that.

Otto