[bookport] Re: how do you use the find

  • From: "David Allen" <wd8ldy@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 29 May 2007 10:11:11 +1200

Hi Rose and list!

It depends on how big the file is and perhaps the kind of file it is as to whether I employ the find command. If it is a well marked file such as the manual, I can usually find any information in it within a few seconds using a combination of navigation commands. If it is my running notes folder where I jot all manner of things down that people tell me or that I hear unexpectedly, I have found the find command to be very handy because I can't necessarily recall where in that file some information may be. I just know it is there somewhere. In those cases, the find feature can definitely get to the information more quickly than I can guess-navigate it.

Input on the Braille keyboard is very natural for me, except for upper case characters. But it does work as described.

Texts work great in many situations, though I have found it difficult to condense a 10-step process into a 160 character message. *lol*

Cheers,
Dave
----- Original Message ----- From: "Rose Combs" <rosecombs@xxxxxxxxx>