[bookport] Re: future of bookport

  • From: "Curtis Delzer" <curtis@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 21 Dec 2007 17:12:15 -0600

I store the nls books on my computer that I've read, or will read, or will
read again, I just cannot listen to them there. I must output or upload them
to a card after they are decompressed, and then insert that card into a
specialized device to read them. So, for all intents and purposes, it is
only the interface that is not available to "play" the files directly on the
computer. Nothing would stop me from, if were inclined to play the audio
from that specialized device with it's perfect clarity into the computer and
record it ... mechanization's, that what is keeping anyone from doing that,
and you have to have some specialized knowledge as to how to do that, though
it's not a gross amount. Four track formatted cassettes, in the same way, I
could simply output the device's audio into my computer and record it, so it
seems to me that the reasons for not providing an interface to play the
files on my computer via a secured interface, are specialized and not
thoroughly communicated. Why not, let's say even a web interface so you
would have to have an on-line connection to the net to authorize it each
time could be as secure as the portable player, wouldn't it? My message is
off topic for this list and I apologize!

Curtis Delzer
W B 6 H E F
Fessenden, North Dakota; 58438-7300