[bookport] Re: file naming conventions

  • From: "PAMELA RADER" <PRADER@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 03 Jan 2007 15:43:32 -0500

There will be some encoding, such as the Lame encoding as with all MP3
files, but there won't be as much as if you used time compression.  In
short, if you don't use Pause Compression, then the file would sound the
same on other devices because they are not altered.

Pamela Rader, TECHNICAL SUPPORT
American Printing House For The Blind
1839 Frankfort Ave.
Louisville, KY  40206

PHONE:  1-800-223-1839, Ext. 307

>>> wb9rsq@xxxxxxxxxx 01/03/07 03:35PM >>>
I did in fact use the send as music option assuming that the transfer
would
be faster.
It was, but only marginally.
Are you saying that no re-encoding is done when that option is
checked?
I fully understand about the time and pause forcing a recode.
I just wanted to make sure that no recode was happening when the music
option is checked.
I have more than 55,000 old radio broadcasts and close to 10,000 of
them are
available in broadcast quality .MP3 that is 160KBPS mono.  Sending
them
through the transfer utility adds the indexes which is nice for
jumping
around but if quality suffers then it's better just to copy them via
computer and forget the transfer util.
tnx