[bookport] Re: does no lock beep save batteries

  • From: "LARRY SKUTCHAN" <lskutchan@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 12 Jul 2005 13:34:26 -0400

The unit does actually wake up, but the power consumption is so minimal
that you could probably press keys for a year or two on a set of
batteries.

In many ways, I wish we had made an on/off switch, but that is not the
way the current hardware works.

>>> ring.richard@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Tuesday, July 12, 2005 12:16:31 PM

I think someone at APH should address this question, I can't imagine
that it would save much in the way of batteries, remember that even
though the unit is not beeping, if a key is pressed, it does "wake up"
for about ten seconds.
I prefer no lock beeps, but it is not because I expect to save
batteries.