[bookport] Re: device no longer recongnized after firmware upgrade

  • From: "LARRY SKUTCHAN" <lskutchan@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 20 Sep 2004 07:28:16 -0400

Try removing that device, then plugging in the Book Port again.  Also, be =
aware that if you are on a network, it is possible that network drives =
conflict with external USB devices (like Book Port).  Check Appendix A for =
instructions on re-mapping the drive if this is a problem.

>>> consumer@xxxxxxxxxxxxx Saturday, September 18, 2004 4:20:24 PM >>>
Hello,

I have a Book Port.  After installation of software I was prompted by=20
dialog box to upgrade Book Transfer software.  Then I was prompted to=20
upgrade the firmware of the Book Port.  A dialog box instructing me to=20
disconnect the device to install upgrade appeared.  After clearing the=20
dialog and disconnecting the device, the device was no longer recognized=20=

as the Book Port mp3 text reader.  It is only recognized as a generic=20
USB device.  The Book Transfer software will no longer recognize the=20
device as being plugged in.  Can anyone help?

Thanks,
Mark Sadecki