[bookport] Re: continued problems

  • From: "LARRY SKUTCHAN" <lskutchan@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 16 Sep 2004 09:08:51 -0400

Hi Tiffany.

What other USB devices do you have on that computer?

Once you get that message about the device not beging recognized, you =
should be able to see some device in the Device Manager (while Book Port =
is still connected).  Are you not seeing anything there that might be =
related?
>>> tjessen@xxxxxxxxxxxxx Thursday, September 16, 2004 9:02:30 AM >>>
Hello. I will try to address everyone's email here, where they were =
responding to my initial post about Book Port not being recognized.
First, I did as one person said, where I went into the system and removed =
the items which said they were USB storage devices, They didn't use those =
words exactly, but I can't think of the correct terminology at the moment. =
I also did as another person said, to look for any mp3 players or tts or =
something devices, but as they were not found, I did not have anything to =
removed in order to be rerecognized.  Additionally I pulled out the RJ45 =
cable which connects me to the network and rebooted periodically between =
each step.
Still, the Book Port is not being recognized by my computer. The only =
other suggestion I saw in reference to my problems was to reassign the =
drive letter associated with the Book Port, but as that it isn't being =
recognized, it doesn't appear in the list, in order for me to reassign it. =
This is not just in the control panel under system and administrative =
tools, but also in Windows Explorer and My Computer.=20
Finally, I'm guessing it doesn't make a difference as far as getting help =
with this recognition problem, but I did update the Book Port transfer =
software on both computers, and via the laptop I updated the firmware.=20
It's still working perfectly with the laptop, and not though the transfer =
program appears to be working on the desktop, as far as finding and cueing =
things up, but it still tells me the Book Port is not connected. I'm sure =
this is not a problem with the program because when I plugged in the USB =
cable earlier, a message pops up saying one or more USB devices on this =
computer are not recognized.
Any other suggestions? I would really like to get this thing working =
directly on the desktop and bypass the transferring through the laptop.
Thanks again.
Tiffany
tjessen@xxxxxxxxxxxxx=20