[bookport] continued problems

  • From: "Tiffany H. Jessen" <tjessen@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 16 Sep 2004 09:02:30 -0400

Hello. I will try to address everyone's email here, where they were responding
to my initial post about Book Port not being recognized.
First, I did as one person said, where I went into the system and removed the
items which said they were USB storage devices, They didn't use those words
exactly, but I can't think of the correct terminology at the moment. I also did
as another person said, to look for any mp3 players or tts or something
devices, but as they were not found, I did not have anything to removed in
order to be rerecognized.  Additionally I pulled out the RJ45 cable which
connects me to the network and rebooted periodically between each step.
Still, the Book Port is not being recognized by my computer. The only other
suggestion I saw in reference to my problems was to reassign the drive letter
associated with the Book Port, but as that it isn't being recognized, it
doesn't appear in the list, in order for me to reassign it. This is not just in
the control panel under system and administrative tools, but also in Windows
Explorer and My Computer.
Finally, I'm guessing it doesn't make a difference as far as getting help with
this recognition problem, but I did update the Book Port transfer software on
both computers, and via the laptop I updated the firmware.
It's still working perfectly with the laptop, and not though the transfer
program appears to be working on the desktop, as far as finding and cueing
things up, but it still tells me the Book Port is not connected. I'm sure this
is not a problem with the program because when I plugged in the USB cable
earlier, a message pops up saying one or more USB devices on this computer are
not recognized.
Any other suggestions? I would really like to get this thing working directly
on the desktop and bypass the transferring through the laptop.
Thanks again.
Tiffany
tjessen@xxxxxxxxxxxxx